Re: [new_distillers] Re: heating considerations

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25, 2002
      Hello Mike,
      I agree completely with Bob's suggestion that you go with the simplest
      set-up for now, and then later look at refinements. I have been playing
      around with my 3' packed reflux column for about 4 or 5 months, and have
      had it on at least twice a week. My 6" potstill column has been on for
      about a month, and again twice a week, or more. I now know what will
      happen with the reflux column, but it took at least half a dozen times to
      know how the heat rises, etc. When I turned on my potstill for the first
      time I found that I had to begin all over again.
      Good luck, John V