Holding a bead

  • Stevensgang@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4 9:12 PM
      I made some moonshine once . It burned like gasoline smelled good but',
      went down a little rough. It did not hold a bead which from my
      understanding means it was'nt good 'shine'. Does moonshine have to hold
      a bead to be good? These questions may seem silly but I really am just
      trying to do this right the next time! Thanks for the input on
      the rubber stoppers I think I'll try the black ones they surely won't
      kill me! Appreciate youall!!
    • Dean Watts
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 7:57 PM
        Hold a Bead??? Please explain.

        Dean Watts

      • Stevensgang@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8 2:06 PM
          Tony! There seems to be some misunderstanding on what holding a bead is.
          When you shake your moonshine made of a sugar and yeast base does your
          liquor bubble up? And keep some bubbles along the edge on top for a
          while? Just wondering!!! Thanks!!
        • Stevensgang@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 26, 2000
            Deb or your Hubby! If I remember correctly youall get 2 or 3 quarts of
            good liquor from a 5 gal. batch of mash. From your conversations I
            believe youall are Americans like myself. So I was wondering if youall
            ever heard of holding a bead? And if so does your liquor hold a bead?
            Our friends down under are very helpful but they're not real hip on what
            holding a bead means to us hillbilly americans! Just wondering about
            your 'moonshine' Thanks