Dunder use and stripping rum

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2009
      I was just thinking about this and was wondering if everyone does it or I am completely off-base. First... I usually do a stripping run then a spirit run. Second... I have a 30L potstill.

      I currently have (2) 5 gallon carboys of molasses wash, and always have very limited time to run them. Can I run the first, and pour the second in and run it right afterwards? I would do it primarily to speed up the heating process, but I was wondering if it would do any of the following:

      a) Would it transfer extra flavor over (and if so, would it make much of a difference since I would be doing a second run)?

      b) Would dunder from this doubled-up stripping rum be better or worse than a "single" stripping run?

      c) Should I just wait until I have more time and run them one at a time?

      Thanks again,
      T-