Re: Poorly spiced rum

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 22, 2009
      good news everybody! I've invented something delicious...

      gnikomson2000 is the winner, patience did it.

      After your guys' suggestions about powdered spices I filtered them out right away and left it on oak to age. Last week (2wks on oak) I filtered that out and it was good. It was still t0o spiced, way too much cinnamon, but my friend who "doesn't like alcohol" really like it, so I gave him a bunch of it. The rest I saved, and it literally gets better every day. After only another week it's mellowed out enough (spice wise) that I'm going to start drinking it.

      Also, this was without adding molasses. I did add some molasses per your amts. to about 1/2 the batch and am not really sure it's necessary when it's this spiced.

      Thanks so much for all your help! The next round is already brewing.

      Ray