Re: easiest still to make for vodka production?

  • fryguy17601
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
      What type of still is this? I saw this one before but was hoping to make something off a keg for larger batches outside. Can this design be adapted to a larger unit?

      Thanks

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gnikomson2000" <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fryguy17601" <fryguy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am looking for a easy to make vodka still, that is going to produce high quality vodka. The more I read on designs the more I get confused. I would like a link included to step by steps plans on how to make.
      > > Then second recipes for mash to make good vodka.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >

      > It doesn't get much easier than this...

      > It's a good learner kit.
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

    • dirk7976
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 14, 2009
        If you wish to do larger runs, a 2" BOKAKOB still works great on a 20 gallon water heater. If you have the space and want even larger runs, simply go with a bigger water heater. Just bypass the thermostat and hook the power directly to the heating element. I also recommend some form of power control. A 20 gallon water heater w/ 1500 watt element works well. Run it on full power to ramp up the fluid temp then dial it down to about half for the rest of the run. You will be happy with the results.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fryguy17601" <fryguy@...> wrote:

        > What type of still is this? I saw this one before but was hoping to make something off a keg for larger batches outside. Can this design be adapted to a larger unit?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gnikomson2000" <gnikomson2000@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fryguy17601" <fryguy@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I am looking for a easy to make vodka still, that is going to produce high quality vodka. The more I read on designs the more I get confused. I would like a link included to step by steps plans on how to make.
        > > > Then second recipes for mash to make good vodka.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks
        > > >

        > > It doesn't get much easier than this...

        > > It's a good learner kit.
        > >
        > > Slainte!
        > > regards Harry

      • lbc471965
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2009
          i use a 2 inch bokabob style still head on a 6 gal ss pot and a 18 gal pot i use a slip joint so i can interchange an 12 incolomn for rum and a 24 in column for vodca. i also use an old camp stove out of a camper for my heat source. remember to be safe and use safe practices with an open flame. i apperate it just like it states with the inst. on the pic in the link Harry posted for ya....

          ps... i packed my large column with copper packing from newzealand