Fw: Baileys

  • John Kleinman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2002

      Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:49 AM
      Subject: Baileys

      Below is my own recipe for irish cream (bailys)

      To make 2ltrs

      1    can    sweetened condensed milk
      1    can    carnation milk (evaporated milk)
      750 mls    UHT Cream (Long Life Cream not milk)
      2    tablespoon instant coffee (Nescafe)
      3 tablespoons chocolate topping (syrup)
      1 tablespoon vanilla essence
      1 tablespoon coconut essence
      400 grams white sugar
      Top up to 2ltrs with 40% irish or tennesee whiskey

      No heat involved just shake the bottle occasionally to help disolve the sugar.

      Can be stored safely for up to 9 months if using UHT cream (check the useby date and shelf life of the cream) or if you dont plan to store it you can use normal cream and drink it quicker. Here in Sydney Australia, the only UHT Cream I could find is Pauls at about 87cents per 150mls at woolworths. I just used some cheap whiskey I russled up a few weeks ago but I havent used scotch because of the peat flavour (maybe next time).

      I will be very interested to hear what everyone thinks about my recipe (always looking for improvement).

      Clean spirits
      John Kleinman