Re: Corn in the fermenter

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      One little hint - use backset instead of water to dilute your ABV for the spirits run...

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim aka Waldo.

      > Sounds good Shot,
      >
      > Yes stirring up once a day is a good idea to keep the yeasties
      > suspended.
    • Shot Man
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        Thanks Jim,
        Well I don't stir it every day, just when I mix it up for the restart. I have had very little floating when it stops bubbling. Takes about 5 days to finish itself up. Sure has a good clean taste and smell I must say.
        See you,
        shotman

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          Thank you again Jim,
          Will defiantly do that since I don't use all the backset for the Sour Mash.....
          Less waste and some additional flavor.  :-))  I like it.
          See you,
          shotman