Re: post stripping run

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2009

      Well Duane,

      It really depends on what your trying to make. For neutral alcohol, if your running your reflux as a pot still with no packing and the reflux condenser turned off, it can easily be used for stripping.    To calculate the dilution amount and potential ABV output, Harry and Sherm put together an nice chart - see: http://www.artisan-distiller.net/photoalbum/photos/pint_o_shine/Potstill_Dilute.GIF  or http://homedistiller.org/dilute.htm#calc for the amount of water to dilute it to. (both in the info base).  Personally I wouldnt re-distill anything higher then 30% ABV.

      As far as marbles go - forget em.  Not enough surface area.  try temporarily using Stainless Steel Scrubbers or solid Copper Scrubbers (if you can find em.)  Be careful - bring a magnet with ya and test any copper scrubbers - most that I have seen,  are usually just coated steel wire and will rot out on ya (and a friggin mess to clean up as I have found the hard way)...  If they test magnetic, then they are coated.   So probably I would just stick with the SS scrubbers till yours comes in.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.