Liquid smoke anyone?

  • davereno83
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2009
      I was wondering if anyone has tried adding a few drops of liquid smoke the wash prior to distillation. Ive got the boiler fired up for the second run of Masons MUM recipe+12oz cornflakes and thought that maybe a few drops might increase the smokiness.
    • jon jons
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2009
        never tried adding it to a mum before distilling.  i have added some after and really like it.  it gives more smell than taste, but thats part of what i like about it.
        id love to hear how it turns out if you do/did add it.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2009

          Hi Dave,

          I've been seriously thinking of trying me some of that to make a really  funky, "Lazy Man's" (thats ME ;)) corn likker using the UJSSM method instead of all grain mashing and then taking the time to age on oak-  (for some unknown reason, by the end of  5-6 weeks when I done an a try to do it - dang if it aint all gone... Damn Angel's :))

          But please dont try using it before your final distillation - do it afterwards....  I mean, they dont put the stuff in barrels for 4 years or more and then re-distill it do they????

          Vino es Veritas,

          Jim aka Waldo.