Making Caramel

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hi gang,
      I found this short video on how to make caramel from a BBC information site, to make the caramel darker I'm thinking you heat a little longer but keep watching it doesn't burn before adding the water. Here's the link
      http://tiny.cc/3gJpW
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2009
        Jeffrey,

        Changing heating times is how I've controlled darkness so far. I've only done 2 batches for booze, and I'd qualify them as successes. Interestingly, the one I thought tasted perhaps too dark, worked great in an oaked rum, with *no* scorched taste.

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller