Fwd: Re: lemon cello (Limoncello)

  • waljaco
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009

      A Lemon Cello might give you a sour note!
      For Limoncello recipes see 3986, 3987, 4402.
      Here is my standardized version of the many around.
      Use unsprayed, unwaxed lemons - the fresher the better. The Italian
      Amalfi Coast version uses slightly green lemons to give a more bitter
      taste.

      Limoncello
      Zest from 1 kilogram of lemons (about6)
      750ml (3 cups) neutral alcohol (40%bv)
      250ml (1 cup) spring water
      1-2 cups of sugar

      This will make a 30%abv liqueur which is the strength of the Italian
      version, which is drank after a meal as a digestive (digestivo).
      Macerate zest (without pith) in alcohol for 2 weeks. Filter. Make a
      sugar syrup and when cool add to flavored alcohol. Bottle.

      Ciao,
      Wal

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Goldsmith" <goldsmith@w...>
      wrote:
      > Hi there...weekend at last.
      > Everyone here seems to rave over Lemon Cello. A search revealed a
      couple of completely different recipes.
      > Does anyone make it on this list? I would love a recipe.
      > By the way I have heaps more glass Liebig condensers left at $10nz
      + postage if anyone wants them. 9 have gone out so far.
      > Cheers
      > Allan

      --- End forwarded message ---