Fwd: Re: Limoncello

  • waljaco
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2009
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003" <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

      Hi hermit.

      If I have to tell the truth, in the Amalfi and Naples zone there
      are thousands of recipes: almost a recipe each family.

      Anyway: you need to use 10 big lemons (otherwise 12 normal size
      lemons) and those lemons must be natural: don't use normal lemons
      because they are coated with something like wax.

      Peel the lemons: use only the yellow part and not the white that is
      under the yellow otherwise you will give a bitter taste to your
      liqueur.

      Put in infusion those ones in a litre of pure alcohol (95%) and let
      rest in a dark, quiet place at ambient temperature for 40 days.

      Then filter and add 400 grams of sugar dissolved in a quantity of
      water you want to use to dilute the alcohol: normally limoncello is
      35% but you can choose what you want.

      After the addition of sugar and water, put the bottles in the same
      place as before, for 2 months or 2 months and the half. Then
      limoncello is ready.

      Remember: drink it very cold at the end of the meal, as a digestiv.

      Tell me your "taste feel" of nocino and limoncello, when you will
      drink.

      Ciao a tutti

      micio felice

      p.s. for now: italy - australia 1 - 0. GREAT !!! (smile, it's a
      joke!)

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "hermit720022002"
      <hermit720022002@> wrote:

      > Hi Micio,
      >
      > my Nocino project is being implemented following the instructions
      of
      > your recipe. It smells great. Is it possible to publish a
      limoncello
      > recipe? If I can have a last wish for today the lemons should be
      > picked by an almost virgin red girl with big boobs.
      >
      > Joe

      --- End forwarded message ---