Re: Nasty Taste!

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2, 2009

      Sidenote Ras,

      The only reflux still I have recommend for newbie still makers is the Bokabob on Tony's site over that past 2 years or so Ive been moderator here (over 5000 postings if you look me up in google or yahoo)... ;)

      Jim.

      > Ras,
      >
      > I agree with you on their column designs (even though im no expert on
      > reflux design - talk to Riku about that), however the only times i have
      > mentioned the WCS site is the section on column connections to either
      > beer kegs or SS milk containers.
      >
      > These are pretty much standard and approved designs and while they
      > recommend cork seals, other alcohol resistant materials may be
      > substituted.
      >
      > The only section I have recoomended is the section on these connections
      > on page 18: http://www.moonshine-still.com/page18.htm
      > <http://www.moonshine-still.com/page18.htm> It is also listed in
      > my Info Base. But I have not recommended the column designs for the
      > past 2 to 3 years other then mention it [;)] .
      >
      > Thanks for your concerns.
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      >
      > Jim aka Waldo.

    • edbar44
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 3, 2009
        there is plenty of neutral cure silicone available in the US, check this out.

        http://www.crlaurence.com/datasheets/pdfs/sealant.pdf