Re: How can you tell when the run is over

  • tykjaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
      Can't really add anything to Mason's reply but the mention of salt water brings back memories

      In the dim and distant past of my schooldays (60's) the chemistry curriculum included the principle of distillation with practical demonstration

      One teacher used salt water which is inevitably a success as the vaporization temperature of salt is very high

      The other liked a challenge and as the curriculum was non specific he gave practical demonstration of the distillation of alcohol, in actual fact he was so committed to this that he gave a practical demonstration after school hours practically every friday evening.

      He was taken to court but all charges were dismissed due to the vague curriculum

      Needless to say he was a very popular teacher and thus began my interest in alcohol and distillation, the curriculum was unfortunately made more specific