1,2,3 distills ur out

  • vodkaman1976
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2009
      I just got done yesterday doing a spirit run after an initial stripping run in my reflux rig of the MUM wash. I noticed that the whole batch had a heads (acetone) smell to it after finishing.I initially pulled 500ml off the beginning for my heads thinking that was enough. After running the spirit through carbon I noticed it still had an off taste and smell. So today i threw everything back in the still and re-ran it through the still. I haven't cut it yet but already can tell the off smell isn't there. Having already ran the vodka through carbon once, I was wondering if I would need to do it again. I mean I will still do it just because, but has anyone else ever done or wondered this? The first run through carbon should have taken a lot of nasties out of the vodka right?