RE: [new_distillers] carbon filtration unit

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11 2:41 PM

      PC

      Still Spirits produce the Z filter and I believe Spirits unlimited produce the Vertaflow http://www.qbrew.com.au/files/vertaflow.pdf Whilst I have not used the Vertaflow ( I use the Still Spirits Z filter ) it works on the bottom entry of the distillate which I believe is the key to good filtration as the distillate has good contact with the carbon as it has to ” climb “ and totally fill up the tube before it can exit. Having seen these in the brew shops I feel they would work fine, however, my comment is they are smaller than the Z the amount of carbon in the Z http://stillspirits.com/webfiles/StillSpirits/files/Still_Spirits_Z_Filter_System_Instructions_55721_-_RevWWW_06May08.pdf is greater than in the Vertaflow and feel that the filtering in the Z would be better as the grog is contact longer.

      cheers  Ken Mc

      Moderator :  Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers

      Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings