Re: UJSSM

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "thepatchworkdoll" <peter.coleman20@...> wrote:

      > HI Guys advice required regarding UJSSM recipe.  Whats everyones take on the distillation process.  Firstly do you dilute the still charge to under 30% prior to final distillation.  Secondly what cuts are required to obtain the best final product.  Any advice will be very much appreciated.  PC

      Some folks just do a single run from mash, then dilute it for drinking.  I use the following method for whisk(e)ys.

      I always strip into a 5 gallon separating drum with a drain tap about 6" from the bottom.  Then dilute the strip below 30% with clean water to achieve hydro-separation (separates the fusels & heavier stuff into layers).  Let it sit a day, and draw off the middle 2/3rds for a final still charge.  The remaining 1/3rd goes into my feints container for a future run.

      To do the hearts run (or any potstill type single spirit run) follow this chart.  You can adjust the charge strength to suit the desired takeoff strength...