Re: [new_distillers] TIG and copper

  • dearknarl
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
      I'm new to TIG welding, but I can make an OK weld on 1.5mm stainless
      sheet. I tried a little experiment to see if I could weld a couple of
      pieces of 13mm copper tube, but what happened (as the previous person
      mentioned) was one second the copper looked solid with no pool, then
      the next second there was a gaping hole where a large section of pipe
      liquified.

      I didn't spend much time trying to adjust my technique, but I think
      for my next experiment I'm going to try brazing using the TIG as the
      heat source with brass filler rod.

      Is brass brazing OK for vapour path?

      Cheers,
      knarl.