Re: ageing scotch

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31 11:18 AM
      Catfish,

      It's true that all oak-aged liquors have *some* flavors in common, and it's also true that the flavors that come over from the wash are very delicate, but you can still taste the difference between a Scotch and a rum.

      One of the aspects of my distilling that I'm working on improving, is bringing over more and stronger flavors from a potstill wash.

      I hope this helps.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller