My wife on a shopping trip

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 17 , May 15, 2009
      The other day my wife took a shopping trip up to the SAM's club in Valdosta Georgia. She calls me as she is standing in line at the check out to tell me that she wished she had a camera phone to take a picture of the guy who just pulled up behind her. The old overall wearing farmer was pushing a flat bed cart with a counted 30 50lb bags of sugar on it and a case of Coke sitting on top. She thought he was being a tad obvious. That musta been one hell of a church bake sale.

      Mason
      Message 2 of 17 , May 15, 2009

        > The other day my wife took a shopping trip up to the SAM's club in Valdosta Georgia. She calls me as she is standing in line at the check out to tell me that she wished she had a camera phone to take a picture of the guy who just pulled up behind her. The old overall wearing farmer was pushing a flat bed cart with a counted 30 50lb bags of sugar on it and a case of Coke sitting on top. She thought he was being a tad obvious. That musta been one hell of a church bake sale.
        >
        > Mason

        Might be a tad soon for jokes but this one is irresistable.

        Message 3 of 17 , May 16, 2009
          Heck yea Mason, Real obvious.

          Last I heard Popcorns sill serving his 18 months in jail since January. But this reminds me of something funny too. Last year a friend and I went to Big Lots (a discount center) and got a case of 500 ml Mason Jars.. We took it to the counter where an old black southern lady was cashiering. Course were were kinda dressed in jeans and unshaven, etc.

          She took one look at us and leaned over and whispered "hey hon, cin ya get me some of that there likker ya all makin." I looked at her with as blank an expression as possible as told here - mo mo mam this is for making blackberry jelly...

          She then started laughing and winked at me and said "Heck hon, this here is January - jelly season aint for another 7 months....." All i could do was smile at her....

          Vino es Veritas,

          Jim aka Waldo.

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The other day my wife took a shopping trip up to the SAM's club in Valdosta Georgia. She calls me as she is standing in line at the check out to tell me that she wished she had a camera phone to take a picture of the guy who just pulled up behind her. The old overall wearing farmer was pushing a flat bed cart with a counted 30 50lb bags of sugar on it and a case of Coke sitting on top. She thought he was being a tad obvious. That musta been one hell of a church bake sale.
          > >
          > > Mason
          > >

          > Might be a tad soon for jokes but this one is irresistable.
          >

          > Photo wouldn't work. Ghosts don't image well. Just tell her Popcorn said "Hi". :)
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • Rasputin Paracelsus
          Message 4 of 17 , May 16, 2009
            Ok.... "Popcorn?

            jamesonbeam1 wrote:
            > Heck yea Mason, Real obvious.
            >
            > Last I heard Popcorns sill serving his 18 months in jail since January. But this reminds me of something funny too. Last year a friend and I went to Big Lots (a discount center) and got a case of 500 ml Mason Jars.. We took it to the counter where an old black southern lady was cashiering. Course were were kinda dressed in jeans and unshaven, etc.

          • Brian Bashford
            Message 5 of 17 , May 16, 2009
              Popcorn Sutton ?

              Brian B,

              Ok.... "Popcorn?

              Message 6 of 17 , May 16, 2009

                OOOPS again Harry,

                Your right - Ras, Popcorn Sutton  was a very  famous still maker, moonshiner and bootlegger down south here in Tennessee and N. Carolina - did alot of documentaries.  Just saw this:

                Moonshiner `Popcorn' Sutton may have committed suicide

                By J.J. Stambaugh (Contact)
                Originally published 05:28 p.m., March 16, 2009
                Updated 09:02 p.m., March 16, 2009

                Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton

                U.S. Marshals Service

                Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton

                NEWPORT, Tenn. — Nationally renowned moonshiner Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton died today in Cocke County and authorities are investigating his death as a possible suicide, a Cocke County official confirmed tonight.

                Coroner Terry Jarnagin said that an autopsy will be performed Tuesday at the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville. He said a determination as to the manner of Sutton's death hasn't been made yet and authorities aren't planning on releasing further details tonight.

                Sutton, 61, of Parrottsville, was soon expected to report to federal prison to serve an 18-month sentence for illegally brewing spirits and possessing a firearm as a felon, the U.S. Attorney's Office confirmed.

                Sutton spent the last three decades building a reputation as one of the South's top makers of white lightning. He starred in various documentaries about the tradition and penned an autobiography, "Me and My Likker."

                A raid last year on Sutton's property turned up guns, three 1,000-gallon stills, more than 800 gallons of moonshine and hundreds of gallons of sour mash and other ingredients, records show. He kept some of the illegal brew in a shed and some in a junk school bus.

                Because of a July 2007 conviction on state charges triggered by a still explosion, Sutton was on probation in Cocke County when federal authorities raided his property. He also had prior convictions for moonshining and felony assault with a deadly weapon, court records show.

                Sutton recently was sentenced to two concurrent 18-month terms by U.S. District Judge Ronnie Greer. He was also to spend three years on supervised release once he finished up the term.

                Sutton's attorney, Tim Moore, couldn't immediately be reached for comment. Moore filed notice last month that he planned to appeal Sutton's case to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.

                The Cocke County Sheriff's Office is investigating, officials said.

                More details as they develop online and in Tuesday's News Sentinel.

                Message 7 of 17 , May 16, 2009

                  > Heck yea Mason, Real obvious.
                  >
                  > Last I heard Popcorns sill serving his 18 months in jail since January.

                  Topped himself a month back. Your TV busted, Jim?

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 16, 2009

                    Sorry Harry,

                    This was when Waldo was missing and doing all that GD renovation...  Told ya i had to catch up on things... ;).

                    Vino es Veritas,

                    Jim aka Waldo.

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 16, 2009

                      > Sorry Harry,
                      >
                      > This was when Waldo was missing and doing all that GD renovation...
                      > Told ya i had to catch up on things...  [;)] .
                      >
                      > Vino es Veritas,
                      >
                      > Jim aka Waldo.

                      'Sokay Jim.  Now you understand the meaning of my little joke with Mason & his Missus.  <G>

                      I saw a video interview with him made not long before he passed on.  It showed the coffin he bought himself and the footstone  If you go back through his last couple years of vids, his commentary hinted that he'd already decided to end it all.  But the footstone says it all.  He got the last laugh...

                      RIP old man

                    • No Name
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 16, 2009
                        Not sure if you guys knew this.  (Also Sorry if someone chimed in already) But I don't have quite enough time to go threw the rest of the new messages.   (I see that there is a bunch over the last day or so.) That's always good to see.
                          But the reason I wanted to reply to this one was to let Ya Know that PopCorn Sutton has passed on.   He is not serving anytime anymore.

                           I would try to find the clip on it. But I really don't have but a few mins.     So when I get home I will find it if no one else posted it for you guys..             (Good Ol PopCorn My he rest in Peace)
                           Around here in our parts.  if yuns didn't know Popcorn, Yuns didn't know chit..               Nameless

                        --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@ ...> wrote:

                        > --- In new_distillers@ yahoogroups. com, "rye_junkie1" <rye_junkie@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The other day my wife took a shopping trip up to the SAM's club in Valdosta Georgia. She calls me as she is standing in line at the check out to tell me that she wished she had a camera phone to take a picture of the guy who just pulled up behind her. The old overall wearing farmer was pushing a flat bed cart with a counted 30 50lb bags of sugar on it and a case of Coke sitting on top. She thought he was being a tad obvious. That musta been one hell of a church bake sale.
                        > >
                        > > Mason
                        > >

                        > Might be a tad soon for jokes
                        but this one is irresistable.

                        > Photo wouldn't work. Ghosts don't image well. Just tell her Popcorn said "Hi". :)
                        >

                        > Slainte!
                        > regards Harry

                      • No Name
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 16, 2009
                          Hey Everyone It's me again,

                               Just wanted to post this story for ya Jim Before I left out real quick. I found it lots quicker than I thought I would have..
                            I don't agree with what they say completely about Marvin but Hey Who am I....

                            Nameless

                          Message 12 of 17 , May 16, 2009

                            Again Nameless,

                            Your trying to go thru your messages  and inbox without going directly to the site..........

                            Please do what Harry and I suggested and read the Messages first and the summaries on here  - Not in you inbox LOL...  Day late and Dollar short again buddy....

                            Vino es Veritas,

                            Jim.

                            You can read all the clips at: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=marvin+popcorn+sutton&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

                            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, No Name <nonamedistiller@...> wrote:

                            > Not sure if you guys knew this.  (Also Sorry if someone chimed in already) But I don't have quite enough time to go threw the rest of the new messages.   (I see that there is a bunch over the last day or so.) That's always good to see.
                            >   But the reason I wanted to reply to this one was to let Ya Know that PopCorn Sutton has passed on.   He is not serving anytime anymore.
                            >
                            >    I would try to find the clip on it. But I really don't have but a few mins.     So when I get home I will find it if no one else posted it for you guys..             (Good Ol PopCorn My he rest in Peace)
                            >    Around here in our parts.  if yuns didn't know Popcorn, Yuns didn't know chit..               Nameless
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • gff_stwrt
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 16, 2009
                              Hi, folks,

                              Reminds me of an actual tombstone I saw at a family funeral;
                              (these words or the exact same meaning)

                              'Driven to death by a Mad Woman'

                              Regards,

                              The Baker

                              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                              > <mailto:new_distillers@yahoogroups.com> , "jamesonbeam1"
                              > <jamesonbeam1@> wrote:
                              > >

                              > > Sorry Harry,
                              > >
                              > > This was when Waldo was missing and doing all that GD renovation...
                              > > Told ya i had to catch up on things... [;)] .
                              > >
                              > > Vino es Veritas,
                              > >
                              > > Jim aka Waldo.
                              >

                              > 'Sokay Jim. Now you understand the meaning of my little joke with Mason
                              > & his Missus. <G>
                              >
                              > I saw a video interview with him made not long before he passed on. It
                              > showed the coffin he bought himself and the footstone If you go back
                              > through his last couple years of vids, his commentary hinted that he'd
                              > already decided to end it all. But the footstone says it all. He got
                              > the last laugh...
                              >

                              > RIP old man
                              >

                              > Slainte!
                              > regards Harry

                            • nonamedistiller
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 17, 2009
                                Hello All,

                                This Should be for everyone that Had to read my last and late entries,
                                I do Want Everyone to know that I am sorry. especially to all of you whom get as many emails as I.
                                I did want to state, I was attempting to read my messages at the site, I was bound by time And overwhelmed at the same time.(I'm not by any means a computer person at all, For this I am Very Sorry, I do amit today was the first day that I really got to explore the New distiller site. Call me old fashion, Or just old. I wasn't really up to date so to speak on how to cruise while being effecint, So I quickly found myself right back on old faith full Yesterday. Which again has proven to be a thorn in Mine and all of your A$$es.

                                After today though, I see it will be much better Not just for me, But For everyone if I use the site to handle my replys and so on. (It wasn't that I didn't take Jim, or Harry's Advice or wisdom) It was I just didn't know what I was doing other than clicking messages and Starting at the top, and reading my way down. Of course knowing that I could skip some, but that means maybe missing some much needed info. And THEN BAM Grouping by topic Finally jumped off the page, After putting on bifocals. The color is light and the words are small. My ol eyes had never seen it there, And the fact that I just never use the site didn't help either. Plus time constrants Equals Disaster. But today, I have/had Plenty of time to play around on the site. Both the New and Advanced Distillers site. (I also like the Niffy little search thing. Key words and such. that's nice). This is the bad part. I always would put a message number in yahoo's search engine and it would work.

                                I also Have toyed with those other links on The bible site or Homedistillers site, And was wondering is that form deal linked to here. are we one in the same or is that something different to join.
                                If so, Don't worry, I'm not planing on joining. I know I need much more time on this here Computer before I go and join in some other forms. I'm lucky that you guys haven't kicked me yet. (Not sure if my old Roids would hold up if that were to happen.)

                                And one last Question, I Just found the video section through a link off the main page of New Distillers. I pretty sure it goes to Harrys Alcohol Library, I downloaded the Player it says to download. but the videos still arn't working. Getting a blank black screen, Now the other videos work Below that one. But the first set there at segrams was't working> that's the only reason I ask if something else needs to be done.

                                Other than that. I am very sorry for my last Few post. I have been way behind. I know that has to push peoples patience. Which is not what I was Going for in any way shape or form. More or Less I think I was just plum tickled that I could actually contribute to a conversaition. (I didn't get your joke Either Harry, I can see why your site is worth so much. Your Right on time with everything, I bet it would be hard to get you on something/Anything)
                                You guys have put together a vast and wonderfull site. And now that I can use it the right way, I will. "NeedMore"
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 17, 2009

                                  Namesless,

                                  Please dont loose any sleep over it - none of us are;).  Besides I didnt know ol' Popcorn had comitted suicide either....

                                   Just glad you finally discovering the easy way to do this.  As far as the size of the text, most browsers have a "view" on their toolbars on top where you can go in and click on the size text you would like - from small to largest.  This has helped me in the past - especially when i lost my 17" monitor.

                                  There is no problem joining HomeDistiller - many of us are members there also.  Matter of fact, this site and Advanced were originally owned by Tony Ackland of HomeDistillers who handed them over to Harry.  Just watch out for some of the Moderators there....

                                  The problems with the videos can be fixed by downloading newer software patches or doing what Harry suggested>

                                  Ken, Jim et al,

                                  If you're running windows & having trouble viewing the bead.avi vid, you need to
                                  update your codecs. Download & install this pack and you'll fix it and a lot of
                                  other issues.

                                  http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

                                  Another alternative is this one. Works for all platforms...

                                  http://www.videolan.org/

                                  Vino es Veritas,

                                  Jim aka Waldo.

                                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nonamedistiller" <nonamedistiller@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  >
                                  > Other than that. I am very sorry for my last Few post. I have been way behind. I know that has to push peoples patience. Which is not what I was Going for in any way shape or form. More or Less I think I was just plum tickled that I could actually contribute to a conversaition. (I didn't get your joke Either Harry, I can see why your site is worth so much. Your Right on time with everything, I bet it would be hard to get you on something/Anything)
                                  > You guys have put together a vast and wonderfull site. And now that I can use it the right way, I will. "NeedMore"

                                • 8_bit_boy
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 17, 2009
                                    hey mate

                                    On 18/05/2009, at 1:24 AM, nonamedistiller wrote:

                                    Hello All,

                                    This Should be for everyone that Had to read my last and late entries,
                                    I do Want Everyone to know that I am sorry. especially to all of you whom get as many emails as I.

                                    I wouldn't worry too much, and no need to apologise!

                                    Your human, not a machine.. :)

                                  • nonamedistiller
                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 17, 2009

                                      > Namesless,
                                      >
                                      > Please dont loose any sleep over it - none of us are [;)] . Besides I
                                      > didnt know ol' Popcorn had comitted suicide either....
                                      >
                                      > Just glad you finally discovering the easy way to do this. As far as
                                      > the size of the text, most browsers have a "view" on their toolbars on
                                      > top where you can go in and click on the size text you would like - from
                                      > small to largest. This has helped me in the past - especially when i
                                      > lost my 17" monitor.
                                      >
                                      > There is no problem joining HomeDistiller - many of us are members there
                                      > also. Matter of fact, this site and Advanced were originally owned by
                                      > Tony Ackland of HomeDistillers who handed them over to Harry. Just
                                      > watch out for some of the Moderators there....
                                      >
                                      > The problems with the videos can be fixed by downloading newer software
                                      > patches or doing what Harry suggested>
                                      >
                                      > Ken, Jim et al,
                                      >
                                      > If you're running windows & having trouble viewing the bead.avi vid, you
                                      > need to
                                      > update your codecs. Download & install this pack and you'll fix it and a
                                      > lot of
                                      > other issues.
                                      >
                                      > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm
                                      > <http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm>
                                      >

                                      > Another alternative is this one. Works for all platforms...
                                      >
                                      > http://www.videolan.org/ <http://www.videolan.org/>
                                      >

                                      > Slainte!
                                      > regards Harry
                                      >

                                      > Vino es Veritas,
                                      >
                                      > Jim aka Waldo.

                                      Thanks Jim,
                                      Many Thanks for those links. For one My sound that hasn't been working now For about almost a year is now working. Been Having to watch videos with out sound. Which really sucks Out loud.(pun intended) But After downloading that first link, Think it was the k lite. (which Was/is the best) Can't tell you how excited I am about that. I have tried to fix this problem for ever.. And what do you know. One download was all that I needed the whole time. Have no clue what all of that stuff is. But Hey it's working so that's bout all that matters here. LOL Also thanks for the tip on the View deal. that too was right on Key.

                                      Mainly I wanted to say thanks for the link that fixed the sound. Where ever it came from. I can happily say,I'm now "NeednoMore"
                                      Ps. Videos work too.