Re: calibrate a alcoholmeter

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4 3:43 PM
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@...> wrote:

      > hi everyone, thank you for all the responses.mason they are both from Brewhaus and are for 20c/68f. are the numbers the same for these as your 60f? I have explained to my friends about heads hearts and tails. how fusil oils and congeners are left in commercial spirits. I have thought about leaving in some tails but that goes against my grain to ruin good spirits. I don't trust my friends (or myself) with 55abv. we have some pretty spirited discussions without any stronger spirits to help. does anyone know the lowest abv that ethanol will burn?
      >
      > just me

      You need to go to Ricks sight and print out the correction table he has.
      http://www.brewhaus.com/CategoryGrid4.aspx?CategoryId=142
      I am assuming if you have 2 then possibly one of them is the 30-60% model. That one according to Ian Smileys web sight has a correction of .2% for every 1C above or below 20C.
      http://www.home-distilling.com/store/pc/Alcoholmeter-30-60-54p466.htm
      If you're friends want more bite in their drink add some heads. Stay away from the tails.

      History off "Proof"
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_proof

      Mason
    • just me
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5 10:40 AM
        thank you mason. i looked at ricks site and couldnt find it. and after you gave me the link it still took a minute to find it. my eye doc told me i need bifocals.  i wouldnt add tails or heads.

        just me

        life begins at 80.. 1.080 that is.