alcoholmeters?

  • putszenaround2007
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2009
      is their anyway to make a poormans alcoholmeter? for those of us who dont have the means to pay electronicly?
    • KM Services
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2009

        As a roughy if you have a beer or wine hydrometer float it in say some commercial booze of known ABV of say 42% and record the reading then float in mentholated spirits and call that say 95%ABV and record that reading, provide it doesn’t sink below the surface, then do some sums and should be able (using the hydrometer graduations) to make a chart of ABV’s between AKA Hydrometer reading=%ABV

        Ken Mc (This is my opinion and if I am wrong I will be corrected I am sure)

        is their anyway to make a poormans alcoholmeter? for those of us who dont have the means to pay electronicly?