Re: [new_distillers] Cleaning my Still??

  • B13013ob@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2002
      Howdy Paul, I pulled out my scrubbers the other day to inspect and clean
      and, yes they and the inside of the column were needing it. I blocked off the
      top end, poured some 5%ph white vinegar in with a dash of 2.1ph citric acid
      to tarten it up. Swished it around then used a scrubber clamped onto long
      (18") hemostats (see pic attached) to scrub it down. Tilted the column to run
      the juice into the (blocked) out spout and swished it around while cleaning
      the topside. Now the good part -- After pouring out the juice I poured in a
      not too thick solution of baking soda mixed with water and swished it around.
      BAM! (well, not BAM but FIZZ!) the column was cleaner than after cleaning
      with the coin-op car wash wand. The crud was washed out with lots of water
      from the hose. Now it's all shiny inside. ..................bob.............