RE: [new_distillers] aluminium kegs and crap like that.

  • Brian Shell - BDS (SC)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
      If you are in the US a national plumbing supply company such as Ferguson
      will have a female/bolt on flange you can mount to the boiler. It will by
      female to accept the column and the have a flange with bolt holes to attach
      to the boiler. I would assume that a plumbing supply shop could order you
      one regardless of where you live. I paid about $25 US for one. I also
      bought a couple of unions and installed one above the flange and another
      below the still head/condensor tee. This allows me to break the column down
      for cleaning/storage.

    • John Vandermeulen
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
        Hello,
        The simplest connection would be one that is easily connected and disconnected.
        I recall some discussion re a union from the dairy industry/cow milking
        machines. Brewhaus (Calgary) showed one in their on-line catalogue the last
        time I looked.
        John V