RE: [new_distillers] Question on modelling heat flow

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009

      Welcome aboard Mate. We will save you all the trouble have a look at the “Bible Site” for us distillers  http://tinyurl.com/4fxkh and hit the theory tab everything you need is there plus there are excel based calculators and so on…the hard work has been done by others

      Ken Mc (This is my opinion and if I am wrong I will be corrected I am sure)

      Moderator :  Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers

      Forums Info:  FAQ    Policy    Settings

      Hi all; I'm new to this group, reading up on the subject, and have a perhaps odd question, and a couple other questions.

      Is there anyone here that's into the math involved in the heat flow inside a still? I am trying to design something new, but it's been TOO long since I did thermodynamics; trying to get my brain unstuck here. I don't mind tough math (Tensor Calc is OK, 'if you must.')

      I'm used to Electrical Engineering tougher math including digital filtering z-plane "fun", my budget and circumstances give me time but not much money to do what I want to do (And no machine shop, sadly.) so I want to model this thing out, burn time instead of money to make the prototype :)

    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willis <rd232d@...> wrote:

        > Hi all; I'm new to this group, reading up on the subject, and have a perhaps odd question, and a couple other questions.
        >
        > Is there anyone here that's into the math involved in the heat flow inside a still? I am trying to design something new, but it's been TOO long since I did thermodynamics; trying to get my brain unstuck here. I don't mind tough math (Tensor Calc is OK, 'if you must.')
        >
        > I'm used to Electrical Engineering tougher math including digital filtering z-plane "fun", my budget and circumstances give me time but not much money to do what I want to do (And no machine shop, sadly.) so I want to model this thing out, burn time instead of money to make the prototype :)

        What Ken Said.
        Also this may help but you may have to join the Advanced Distillers group to read it.
        A copy of "The Compleat Distiller" may be in order also.

        Mason
      • Mark Willis
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
          Sounds good all; What I need to do is make something to distill something else (not ethanol, it's for a natural resources recovery company of all things.) I've become disabled and am trying to find ways to have some income; If I have to I'll just try to guess and hack an answer together :)

          I'll get into personal ethanol soon, though, just trying to see if anyone has any theory. Every time I read that it sounds better LOL