Building a New Still

  • goldenshine65802
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi to all, as promissed I am keeping you all updated on how my new still is coming along. I went to the salvage Yard today and bought a 18"X 6"X 36" piece of copper sheet and a 20 inch long piece of welded 316 S.S. 1/4" X 14 1/2" X 20" Pipe that I plan to weld a top and bottem on for a tank. The copper sheet I plan to cut,shape and Form around the Tank in a artistic fashion. I may add some Brass as well to the out side. I am thinking about taking the sheet copper and making some copper roses and silver soldering them to the tank, don't know at the moment, I have lots of drawing to do. I plan to build a hybrid Reflux Pot still, but will need to keep the whole thing under 7' and no wider than 4' This will take some time and lots of thinking. Perhaps the Greek god of wine and drink will also go on it. I plan to build a cabnet around it just to keep it in. Lots of work, But it will keep my mind active. When I have completed it I will post pics. of it. Well that all I have to say at the moment. Brother or the Arts George791