Re: Copper mesh packing lifespan

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ttuckey" <ttuckey@...> wrote:

      > How many times can the copper mesh be used in the column for reflux ?

      At the Hobby level with proper care it should last a life time.
      I never unroll it. As some of the pieces/rolls start to darken in
      color I will soak them in a hot water / citric acid solution. This
      brings them back looking new. Some say it is not necessary and some
      even say that clean shiny copper will cause problems such as blue
      spirit. Never had a problem(yet).

      Mason