Copper mesh packing lifespan

  • ttuckey
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
      How many times can the copper mesh be used in the column for reflux ?
    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ttuckey" <ttuckey@...> wrote:

        > How many times can the copper mesh be used in the column for reflux ?

        At the Hobby level with proper care it should last a life time.
        I never unroll it. As some of the pieces/rolls start to darken in
        color I will soak them in a hot water / citric acid solution. This
        brings them back looking new. Some say it is not necessary and some
        even say that clean shiny copper will cause problems such as blue
        spirit. Never had a problem(yet).

        Mason