Re: Mason - re rye whiskey

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whackfol" <whackfol@...> wrote:

      > In another thread you related your rye recipe. I asked a final
      question. Did you ferment
      > on the grains and then strain or strain then ferment. The next
      entry changed the topic
      > and you may not have seen it. I appreciate your assistance.
      > Whack

      Sorry for the late reply Whack, I have been pretty ill since Friday.
      Fever,Dizzy,Sinus. Better this morning.
      I ferment on the grains and then Strain and distill. The only thing I
      recommend further is after straining let the wash settle in a carboy
      for 24-48 hours to settle some more of the yeast sediment out. Then
      Rack and Distill.

      Mason