Re: uncle jessie sm

    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 1, 2009

      Hey Baker and all,

      Been thinking about your comments off and on.  Then remembered (believe it was Bali) that mentioned putting holes in the inlet pipe for the thumper.

      So that along with your larger U shaped airlock might be pictured like this - what you all think:

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.

      pressure relief

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" <gff_stwrt@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Jim and all,
      >
      > I said in another post that my suggested device is a 'u' shape; and
      > so is an airlock.
      >
      > But my device is much longer, maybe half a metre or more, and a
      > physicist would call it an open-ended manometer.
      > (I know because that's what zBob called it!)
      >
      > Perhaps I can illustrate the difference this way;
      >
      > you would have a similar analogy if you compared a handkerchief and a
      > bedsheet.
      >
      > Each is made of woven cotton.
      >
      > (same material)
      >
      > Each is a rectangular piece of woven cotton.
      >
      > (same shape)
      >
      > And the size is different.
      >
      > But they are clearly different things and used for different
      > purposes. You would neither blow your nose on a bedsheet nor sleep on
      > a handkerchief. And each has a different name.
      > You would not call a bedsheet a handkerchief.
      >
      > Does that make it less confusing?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > The Baker

    • balibootleg
      Message 58 of 58 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hi Guys ive a question about this water /pressure release system .
        1) wont the vapor condense against the liquid in the U shape bend ??
        and why couldn't you achieve the same thing by taking the U bend of the
        bottom of the Thumper ,that way the pressure in the thumper can still
        equalize in the U bend by using its own liquid ,the same as the
        illustration but just of the bottom of the thumper tank .
        And i reckon the inlet pipe to the thumper should have holes drilled in
        it from about 3/4 of the way down and then turn at a 90 deg with a tube
        the length of the thumper with a end cap and as many small holes as
        possible drilled in it all the way around .
        I actually have been playing with this at home using an air com pressure
        and it dose seem to work well .
        Just a thought
        Regards Bali
        ---