Mason - re rye whiskey

  • whackfol
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      In another thread you related your rye recipe. I asked a final question. Did you ferment
      on the grains and then strain or strain then ferment. The next entry changed the topic
      and you may not have seen it. I appreciate your assistance.
      Whack
    • rye_junkie1
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "whackfol" <whackfol@...> wrote:

        > In another thread you related your rye recipe. I asked a final
        question. Did you ferment
        > on the grains and then strain or strain then ferment. The next
        entry changed the topic
        > and you may not have seen it. I appreciate your assistance.
        > Whack

        Sorry for the late reply Whack, I have been pretty ill since Friday.
        Fever,Dizzy,Sinus. Better this morning.
        I ferment on the grains and then Strain and distill. The only thing I
        recommend further is after straining let the wash settle in a carboy
        for 24-48 hours to settle some more of the yeast sediment out. Then
        Rack and Distill.

        Mason