Re: Cherries

  • idahomole
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2009
      Results as promised, just a little late...hehehe

      I still have about 750ml of my cherry maceration (in three different
      containers). I used Jim's method outlined above. As a side note I used
      sweet cherries, not sour.
      I broke some out over the weekend and it tasted great. Sweet, but not
      overpowering. The color is a very deep red. We made some shots with
      creme de cocoa and cherry, mixed 50/50. Even the girlfriend likes 'em.
      We call 'em "Tootsie Pops" because, well, that is exactly what they
      taste like!
      Currently have 13 gallons of sugar wash fermenting and I will
      definately set aside a couple of liters of spirits for more of the same
      macerations. Also blueberry and blackberry unsing the same
      method....mmmmm.

      Mole