Re: temp difference

  • dennistiller
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002
      Ken, Thanks for reply and also Reima.
      Just a bit more info. My probe is definitly in the vapour stream
      and yes I am on top of mount 1000m above sea level. Water boils here
      at 96c. As my meter only measures whole degrees maybe it is nearer
      75c when collecting. Maybe this would be about right then?
      Regards Dennis

      --- In new_distillers@y..., "klcampbell" <klcampbell@o...> wrote:
      > G'day Dennis, if you are reading only 74C it is possible that the
      digital
      > thermometer probe is not in the centre of the vapour trail,no
      way,it just
      > cannot happen unless you are on top of mount everest,or there
      > abouts.Regards,Ken.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Robert N
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002

        Hi Dennis, have you tried placing your thermometer into boiling water to see what temperature is showing on the thermometer? Can you calibrate your thermometer?

        Have a great day!

        Robert

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002
          Hi Robert,
          Yes I have put it in boiling water and it reads 96c.I live in
          Clarence in the blue mtns NSW. If you know the Zig Zag railway at all
          well i,m 200m from it.
          Cheers Dennis

          --- In new_distillers@y..., "Robert N" <dinks_c@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Dennis, have you tried placing your thermometer into boiling
          water to see
          > what temperature is showing on the thermometer? Can you calibrate
          your
          > thermometer?
          >
          > Have a great day!
          >
          > Robert