de-scaling electric elements

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26 4:43 AM
      Hi All,
      Read on here somewhere about how to de-scale an electric element
      with easily got stuff from around the house. Now I've searched here
      and in the distillers forum and no luck. The answer to this is two
      fold because my boiler element needs de-scaling plus I need to de-scale
      my house immersion 3Kw heater. I know it's scaled because it takes 5
      hours to heat 40 gal and the electric bill just came in for the year,
      we just moved here a little over a year ago and I aint paying this kind
      of money out again
      Normally I would get a new one if I was in the UK they are only
      about £12 about $17. I priced a new one here in France and it was
      99.00 Euro hence my reluctance to by a new one if I could efficiently
      clean/de-scale the old one it would suit my pocket a hell've a lot
      better. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
      Geoff