VM offtake and collar questions

  • copperscrubbie
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      I have read that you can put the valve from the offtake tee vertically
      or horizontally. I would prefer to have it horizontally but it will
      put about 8" between the column and the 90. I was wondering if that
      would cause any problems. If it will I am willing to place it the
      other way. Also Mason posted pictures of the collar he uses in his
      rig(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_distillers/message/33969) and I
      was wondering about placement in the still. I have a 2" fip adapter on
      top of the offtake tee and was wondering if I slipped in there if it
      would create the vapor turbulence I need around the offtake with it
      that high in the column. This setup would ease cleaning and allow me
      to change it out with others to find the best size.

      thanks
      michael