cycling hot plate 1000w

  • ttuckey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2009
      I recently purchased a cheap betty crocker hot plate 1000w for a
      primary heat source. I have tried to make the modification on the
      plate suggested by BrewHaus to bypass the on/off cycling. However, now
      all i get is a really low temperature which is steady, not enough to
      boil. Should i invest in a better electrical heat source or do all
      these hot plates need modified to not cycle ?

      Thanks for the suggestions.