Pot still construction

  • vodkaman1976
    Message 1 of 81 , Feb 21, 2009
      Hey guys and gals I have recently started construction on a pot
      still setup. I am using 2'' copper for the column and it is 2' tall.
      Is that too tall, is there an ideal height for this? It will attach to
      my beer keg and I will be using my propane for heating. Also I have
      attached 1\2 inch copper for the takeoff and leyne arm.
    • Zapata Vive
      Message 81 of 81 , Mar 3, 2009
        Sorry to be a little late, but a reminder to anyone wanting to build the x-flow, measure your fittings.  Mine were way off from the measurements in Harry's instructions, which meant I had to re-dimension the entire design.  My fittings were Cello brand.  It was fine, just use the same design, but I had to make the condenser larger.  Oh well, I guess I can live with even more condensing power!