uncle jessie sm

  • balibootleg
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 9, 2009
      The first batch of UJSM i made i added 2lbs of green malted corn (just
      smashed up with a blender.I noticed in the low wines on tasting
      samples it had a strange taste and for 3 cycles it was the same so i
      think it was the green malted corn so have discontinued this batch ;
      Second attempt just stuck to the recipe and wow the sample tasting of
      low wines is now much better.
      My first strip run on this new batch produced
      2.2lt at 55%abv at 30deg adjusted to 20 deg =52%
      2.2 lt at25%abv at 30 deg adjusted to 20deg =22%
      Total of 4.4 liters
      Total run time 3.5hrs
      Ive received some new toys from brewers so am just starting to try and
      use all these .a couple of questions
      To get the average abv on this 4.4 ltr do i just add 52+22 and divide
      by 2???
      second question ,is it possible to tell from the above if my still is
      giving any reflux it was approx a 22 ltr wash
      Also am now adding backset of 8litres ,my ferment starts within 10min
      and seems to work for 3to 4 days.
      Thanks Guys
      Bali
    • balibootleg
      Message 58 of 58 , Mar 2, 2009
        Hi Guys ive a question about this water /pressure release system .
        1) wont the vapor condense against the liquid in the U shape bend ??
        and why couldn't you achieve the same thing by taking the U bend of the
        bottom of the Thumper ,that way the pressure in the thumper can still
        equalize in the U bend by using its own liquid ,the same as the
        illustration but just of the bottom of the thumper tank .
        And i reckon the inlet pipe to the thumper should have holes drilled in
        it from about 3/4 of the way down and then turn at a 90 deg with a tube
        the length of the thumper with a end cap and as many small holes as
        possible drilled in it all the way around .
        I actually have been playing with this at home using an air com pressure
        and it dose seem to work well .
        Just a thought
        Regards Bali
        ---