Re: type of heat source

  • gff_stwrt
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nonamedistiller"
      <nonamedistiller@...> wrote:

      > > > Trid
      > > >
      > > thanks Trid for answering my question.I am definately going to
      > > distill some chunky fruit mash and therefore would need a external
      > > heat source. What are my options? Gas burner,hot plate...what
      else?

      > other than gas,and or A hot plate, I think the last choice would be
      > Wood fired.. Other than that, You could choose to use steam powered
      > still. But then you still have to heat the water for steam. Either
      > using Wood,Gas,or electric.. Last thing used would be Solar, But
      > thats very slow, and isn't very efficient.. HTH (NoName)

      Hi, folks,
      Probably the most efficient would be a solar STORAGE system as the
      water would be nearly at distilling/steam-making temperature at the
      time you want to start. No waiting.

      As to the detail of the system, I leave that to more mechanical people
      for the time being.
      But it's something that I would like to look into one day.

      Regards,

      The Baker