Re: Fermentable Question

  • nonamedistiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" <gff_stwrt@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, no-name,
      >
      > I have a friend who is a keen collector of Coca-Cola stuff but
      > probably (without asking details) it would be expensive and
      > inconvenient to send something like this to an address in Australia.
      >
      > I have no idea whether this stuff would interest him or what it would
      > be worth to him...
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > The Baker

      Hello Baker.
      At least its a start. If you want, ask him what he thinks, maybe he
      can give me a bit of insite of what its worth. And who knows, Even if
      it isn't much, I wouldn't mind sending it to someone, If its not too
      bad. Like you said though, It would probably cost a arm and a leg,
      maybe even our first new born. :):) Thx's for repling though.
      Nameless
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009

        Heck Nameless,

        If you have one of those old Coke jugs made during the time they still used Coca plants, and the label is still good with concentrate in it - I would check it out some more - might be worth a hell of a lot more then just using it to try and ferment.  Same thing I told a Guy that was trying to use an old Gregorian copper pitcher to distill with - Take it to an APPRAISER !!!. (too bad the took all the cocaine out of it - in earlier times it still would a been there. :(

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim aka Waldo.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nonamedistiller" <nonamedistiller@...> wrote:

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" gff_stwrt@
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, no-name,
        > >
        > > I have a friend who is a keen collector of Coca-Cola stuff but
        > > probably (without asking details) it would be expensive and
        > > inconvenient to send something like this to an address in Australia.
        > >
        > > I have no idea whether this stuff would interest him or what it would
        > > be worth to him...
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > The Baker
        > >

        > Hello Baker.
        > At least its a start. If you want, ask him what he thinks, maybe he
        > can give me a bit of insite of what its worth. And who knows, Even if
        > it isn't much, I wouldn't mind sending it to someone, If its not too
        > bad. Like you said though, It would probably cost a arm and a leg,
        > maybe even our first new born. :):) Thx's for repling though.
        > Nameless

      • nonamedistiller
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2009
          <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

          > Heck Nameless,
          >
          > If you have one of those old Coke jugs made during the time they
          still
          > used Coca plants, and the label is still good with concentrate in
          it - I
          > would check it out some more - might be worth a hell of a lot more
          then
          > just using it to try and ferment. Same thing I told a Guy that was
          > trying to use an old Gregorian copper pitcher to distill with -
          Take it
          > to an APPRAISER !!!. (too bad the took all the cocaine out of it -
          in
          > earlier times it still would a been there. [:(]
          >
          > Vino es Veritas,
          >
          > Jim aka Waldo.

          Thanks waldo...
          thanks for the reply as always, And after seeing that post from
          the baker, and now yours. I do believe your right. (Like normal).
          So I shall seek out an appraiser and see what they think, After all
          the four full ones still have the seal on them, That hasn't ever been
          broken.. But only one of them has the full Intact lable. The others
          have there lables but their only on there by the corners, Barely
          holding on. But looking on ebay, I seen some of these jugs empty
          that were going for 70 bucks and up. With out lids but the lables on
          them were all perfect. that was the only reason I didn't think these
          would be worth to much, Even my empties aren't in that good of a
          shape. I did However look them over real good this morning, SInce
          it was late last night after getting home from cleaning out the barn,
          And found that 6 of the jugs were pepsi jugs. There all emptys
          though, None of them were full, Even if they were, They don't have
          any instructions or ingredants list on them..
          On the other hand, I am going back today to that ol shed to see
          what else we can find, (sure hope to find Pops ol Copper still) but I
          doubt it. If by chance I do find some more of these jugs, I hope
          there older ones, (Not much on drugs by no means at all) But from
          the sounds of it, They would be worth a lot more, Huh..

          Any how, if worse comes to worse, And I find out that there not
          worth as much as I thought., or want,, Do you think that it could be
          fermented, Or should I just put these on the self and let them be..
          I can always use the empties for storage, With out hurting
          anything.
          I suppose the first step shall be to go find out what they are
          truely worth.. (Hopeing for the best)..
          Since I am going to be holding up on this little project, I did find
          another nice thing in the shed last night,

          Can honey go bad, The reason I ask this, We found a load of honey,
          haven't weighed it or anything, But I bet I have atleast 100 pounds
          of the stuff, we found 48 quarts And 6 one gallon Jugs(regular Glass
          jugs Nothing special) of honey,(boy I do say Honey is heavy stuff)
          But it didn't have any dates or anything on it, So I couldn't even
          guess at how old it is.. So I'm asking for the run down.
          Visual inspection looks normal. Nothing hard or crusty on or in the
          honey, Exept in the gallon Jugs, It has a peice of the comb in there
          with it.
          If this is not bad and usable, Then I shall be making my first
          mead, Something I didn't ever think I would try to make, But its
          free its for me..
          Thanks for your tip about the syrup. Sure would hate to
          ferment it then find out it was worth thousands or something:):) That
          wouldn't have been cool.. Hopeing for the best. Nameless