Re: Fire Water

  • castillo.alex2008
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hey neighbor

      In spanish that´s called "aguardiente", around here (Dominican
      Republic) it is called "Clerén" which comes I think from the
      French "clairin" or clear. It is just unaged booze from the very first
      distillation (after the heads)(it is called white dog in english when
      it comes from grains) to which sometimes pepper is added to flavor.
      However sometimes has a fruity flavor since is rhum agricole´s low
      wine. This hooch has a large market around here at the point that some
      people only drink that. In my experience if you add some 10 or 20 mls.
      of pepper or cinnamon or clove extract to a gallon you´ll get what you
      want. (Take a look at messague # 30068 at new distillers for an idea of
      how I make them.

      Alex
    • Rob Macrobert
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
        Are you refering to something like the Dr McGillicuddy Brand, Hot Cinnamon Fireball, Flavoured Corn Whisky Shooter?
        If you are, try macerating corn whisky with those cinnamon heart candies, or if you can find it, add a couple of drops of cinnamon oil to it.
        Myself, I've never tried either as I really don't like cinnamon, but a stillin' buddy makes it all the time and depending on his mood will use either.

        ATB

        Robbie Mac
        Sometime tinkerer, and some times it even works......

        I would like to make some Hot Shots,or Fire Water, or what ever other
        names it may go by. cinnamon flavored . im thinking it might be just
        cinnamon oil and simple syrup. can anyone confirm or make suggestions?
        i want it to be hot.

        --
        Be Yourself @ mail.com!
        Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Macrobert" <macrobert@...>
          wrote:

          > Are you refering to something like the Dr McGillicuddy Brand, Hot
          > Cinnamon Fireball, Flavoured Corn Whisky Shooter?
          > If you are, try macerating corn whisky with those cinnamon heart
          candies,
          > or if you can find it, add a couple of drops of cinnamon oil to it.
          > Myself, I've never tried either as I really don't like cinnamon, but a
          > stillin' buddy makes it all the time and depending on his mood will use
          > either.
          >
          > ATB
          >
          > Robbie Mac
          > Sometime tinkerer, and some times it even works......

          thanx Robbie,that is what i was referring to. never thought to use the
          candy. ill try that. will save me the simple syrup step.