Re: 87% ABV

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hello All,

      In a post on 1/26, I posted in error that,"what your looking for is a
      vapor speed of 12"/sec in a "packed" column". Reading thru some
      literature again I see it should be "an un-packed column". As the
      column becomes packed, the vapor speed will rise (because the packing
      takes up area in the volume of the column). I apologize for any
      confusion my mis-information has caused.

      Tipped one to many, Morgan

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
      <morganfield1@...> wrote:

      > Hey Neighbor,

      Basically, what
      > your looking for is a vapor speed up the column of about
      12"/second.
      > With a 2" column (packed), that means around 1000 watts. There's a
      > conversion table on Homedistiller.org that converts that to 3412
      BTU's