Re: choice of stills

  • daddyman00126
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hello Zymurgy

      Wanted to check out what you had for a still but was unable to find
      your folder with your pics.

      You must understand that I am on a new Dell Laptop with that Crappy
      Vista on it so I am having a hard time finding my coffee let alone
      your pics. Could you please direct me to the location, I am very
      interested in comparing my 8gal SS pot still with a 2in column to
      what you have.

      Thanks
      The best for last
      Daddyman

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@...>
      wrote:
      ---snip---
      There
      > are photos of it in the "photos" section of this list, in
      my "Zymurgy
      > Bob" folder.
      >
      > You want external heating, because electric elements will scorch the
      > fruit pulp you will work with. The unpacked column (or large
      diameter
      > vertical lyne arm) allows good extraction of fruit flavors on the
      > single-pass distillations you will probably do many of. You need the
      > big hole to get all that fruit gunk into and out of.
      >
      > In addition, if you make it from a keg, you can get a great false
      > bottom for it that will make it a great grappa still.
      >
      > If the design appeals to you, I'd be happy to fill you inon the
      details.

      > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "schnappser" <jblugel@>
      wrote:

      > > I am interested in making some schnapps
      > > (plum,cherry,pear,mirabellen,rasberry etc.)what kind of still
      should i
      > > build?I like Matt's Offset-Head Still(Nixon-Stone design)as shown
      on
      > > www.homedistillers.org/.I would attach the head directly to the
      lid
      > > without the column as mentioned in his directions.Or should i go
      some
      > > other route?

    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
        My apologies, Daddyman,

        Because I'm also active on the Yahoo group "Distillers", I
        missed the fact that my photos folder is in that group. You'd
        have to be a member of that group, which I suspect you'd
        enjoy, to see those pictures.

        Tell you what - why don't I just email you directly so I can attach
        those pictures?

        I'll get right to that.

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "daddyman00126"