Re: Looking for a cheep still

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2009

      Hello Justa,

      Welcome Aboard.  This is a Great site with many informative members and much information.

      However, before we get into stills, you should probably start reading up on this great hobby.  On the left in the links and database sections you will find the Info Base, which has an Introduction section and many entries on fermentation and distilling.  We rely heavily on Tony's HomeDistillers site: http://homedistiller.org/  Also Harry, the owner has his library on articles, books, etc. at  The Alcohol Library .  Its a good idea to do some homework first and read the introduction sections and then the different types of stills - pot stills and reflux stills and different types of distilling.  Depending on what your primarily going to - or want to start making,  will play an important part in which type of still you choose.

      As far as us selling you a still, thats pretty much out of the question.  The reason for this is because home distilling without a licence or permit is illegal in most conutries (with the exception of New Zealand and a couple others).  People here usually go by nicknames and are reluctant to give out personal information.

      However, there are many sources from which you can obtain pre-made stills and, with a helper, could also make one.  Please do some reading first, then you can start asking questions about what you want to make and how to get either a pot still or reflux. We are all willing to help out.

      Again Welcome Aboard and Good Luck.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.