Re: [new_distillers] Re: reuse from distill - SideNote:

  • lacrossestanley@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
      Well, Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate the help. I measured the alcohol content of the cooled left overs from the boiler with a vin-o-meter and it registers 3%. I do beer stripping runs and spirit runs plus set aside the first 150mls of the spirit run for cleaning things, then run down to around 65% for the middle cuts, and then down to ~40% for the tails and the temp to ~205F. I'm just a hobbyist and I can get the terms mixed around but I prefer this product to anything else, some I flavor with oak chips and some just straight but I've often wondered about being able to re-use the leftovers of the spirit run, I have just thrown in three gallons of leftovers from the last spirit run and I am right now doing a stripping run so I will throw in two gallons of what is left over from that. Thank you Kindly for the help.

      Stan