Re: [new_distillers] Re: Whiskey yeast?

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 29, 2008
      I have cultured this strain.  Of course the AG doesn't culture over as it isn't something that grows.  I just used beano as a substitute, knowing it's not the same thing.  But then again lots of folks make whiskey with no enzyme at all, so it's just a little help anyway.  The yeast strain itself acts as any other strain does while being propagated.