Re: Whisky chat ?

  • mavnkaf
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2008
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mavnkaf" <mavnkaf@...> wrote:

      > Hi guys/gals, tonight I found this 3 year old Whisky newsletter in
      pdf
      > format, about half a meg in size. I found it very interesting even
      > though it's abit old. Might useful? Don't know?
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/9fhhoe
      >

      > Cheers
      > Marc
      >
      > BTW, it has the web link at the bottom to the main scorce, which is,
      >
      > http://www.mwsoa.org.au/

      Adding to a recent topic,

      Quoting the below text,

      "42 | Chemistry World | December 2008

      Age is everything

      "The Act states that whisky is not
      Scotch whisky until it has been
      matured for at least three years.
      And that it must be matured in
      Scotland. `This isn't the industry
      being protectionist,' says Eaton. `It's
      down to the climate – it's cold and
      damp, which affects maturation. In
      the US, the ethanol concentration in
      the cask goes up because it's hot and
      dry, here it goes down.""

      I got that quote from that last whisky pdf post.

      Cheers
      Marc

      Arrhmmm, sorry about my prevous muck ups with the pdf links, I had
      too many links at the bottom of my net veiwer, please forgive.