old carboy

  • just me
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
      i found a old 5 gallon waterbottle. the partial label has a phone
      number of te2-264. we havent used that style of number in dallas for
      many years. it was only 15 dollars. the question is how can i clean
      it. i have tried dish soap then i tried clr and it still has a white
      residue. thanks for any help.

      just me
      I just haven't been the same since they took my blankie away!
    • Ian Teelingi

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
          oxyclean and hot water,just don;t let it soak for a long time or it will add to the white film..could also use vinegar to take out the film,cider vinegar works good..oxy use for about 15 min..
          i found a old 5 gallon waterbottle. the partial label has a phone
          number of te2-264. we havent used that style of number in dallas for
          many years. it was only 15 dollars. the question is how can i clean
          it. i have tried dish soap then i tried clr and it still has a white
          residue. thanks for any help.

          just me
          I just haven't been the same since they took my blankie away!

          Checked by AVG.
        • Derek Hamlet
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
            Most wine shops carry a product called something like diversol. It is pink.
            Put a generous amount in and fill to the brim with warm water. Leave
            for a day.
            If necessary do again.
            Rinse very very well as you don't want all that bleachy crap in
            whatever you choose to put in it.
            Sometimes glass carboys become slightly etched over time and will
            never become clear again.
            Several months ago I found two 53 litre Italian demijohns at the
            local dump/recycle in my little municipality.
            One had been painted on the outside by a child for some kind of project.
            The other still had its' serviceable wicker basket.
            Both cleaned up perfectly and have since been used for sugar washes.
            I love finding free stuff.
            At 08:36 AM 11/30/2008, you wrote:

            >i found a old 5 gallon waterbottle. the partial label has a phone
            >number of te2-264. we havent used that style of number in dallas for
            >many years. it was only 15 dollars. the question is how can i clean
            >it. i have tried dish soap then i tried clr and it still has a white
            >residue. thanks for any help.

            Derek
          • just me
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
              thanks Derek I will give it a try. congrats on the demijohn.

              just me
              Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
            • just me
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                Hi Ricky, I will try it. thanks for the reply.

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                  thanks Ian, I will give that a try.
                  Atheism is a non-prophet organization.