Equipment in Canada

  • wikawomyn
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
      Hi there!

      I need to know where I can buy equipment (specifically looking for
      stainless steel tank) in Canada. I'll need to order it online so it
      doesn't have to be in Canada but I thought maybe customs would be less
      of an issue if it came from Canada? Any thoughts from some brewing
      canuks?
      Thanks!
      Heather
    • castillo.alex2008
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
        Hi Heather

        I think Ol´ Ian Smiley is in Canada and he sells the same things our
        friend Rick sells in U.S. A third place would be Mile HI. Here are
        the sites:

        Smiley´s http://www.home-distilling.com

        Rick´s http://www.brewhaus.com

        Mike´s http://www.milehidistilling.com

        Have fun...and keep it safe!

        A!
      • Derek Hamlet
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
          Talk to local wine and beer shops or your local driver of beer
          delivery trucks about getting a full size SS beer keg.
          They are 59 litres in quantity. Drill for heating elements is
          easy. Opening the top for however you choose to attach a column is a
          little trickier but, local welders can help.
          I found one keg at a recycle area of my local dump and my second one
          I traded one for one for a 39 litre pressurized beer keg again that I
          found at the dump.
          At 02:24 PM 11/3/2008, you wrote:

          >Hi there!
          >
          >I need to know where I can buy equipment (specifically looking for
          >stainless steel tank) in Canada. I'll need to order it online so it
          >doesn't have to be in Canada but I thought maybe customs would be less
          >of an issue if it came from Canada? Any thoughts from some brewing
          >canuks?
          >Thanks!
          >Heather

          Derek