Parrot's Beak

  • vodkaman1976
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      I have come to the conclusion that I need a parrot's beak to aid in
      my spirit runs. Looking through homedistiller website and the database
      section here I can't find any plans to build one. Does anyone have
      plans and or helpful hints for making one and then using it with the
      best results.
    • KM Services
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008

        Try the link above to the advanced distillers group ( if not a member may have to join) there are a wide range of designs there from the real basic to the more complicated like mine

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MGkOSdMJHZpVTsyqABiFv3d4-o9Rf5OKuxq8N_MFWiXsnizwwfhaMxfEbNj9FJxfAp-4bQmV7fjQQ48GCntpnZ7XNTGfhh4gKg/Ken%20Mc./Ken%20Mc%20Parrot%27s%20Beak.pdf

        Cheers

        Ken Mc

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          I looked at the link in the Distillers group and checked out the
          photos. The link that Ken Mc sent was a dead link and didn't work. Is
          there any special length to make it or any parts list or does everyone
          just make one to there own specs. With the price of copper being sky
          high right now i'd rather have some list of parts and instructions
          rather than screw something up. Buying wrong pieces and eyeballing
          everything with out having a clear plan isn't the way I like to
          fabricate something.
        • KM Services
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008

            Have a look under the files section “Ken Mc” you will find a PDF file no dimensions but you need about 250mm x 18mm>20mm tube to house the Alcometer ,rest of mine basically 10mm pipe

            Check out this link to the pictures on the distillers group which gives some more dimensions. This  is what I modeled mine on less the water jacket and straightened out plus for the critical dimensions

            Cheers

            Ken Mc

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
              <km_services@...> wrote:

              > Have a look under the files section "Ken Mc" you will find a PDF
              file no
              > dimensions but you need about 250mm x 18mm>20mm tube to house the
              Alcometer
              > ,rest of mine basically 10mm pipe

              The critical size determinent for the parrots beak is the size of
              your alcoholmeter. That will determine the length and diameter of the
              tube required.

              You will never get there but make sure that you will be able to read
              100%ABV. This will determine the length. The diameter should be a bit
              larger than the diameter of the alcoholmeter, too close a fit and you
              will have errors and surging in your readings through the flow of the
              alcohol.

              Here is a bunch of photos that will give you some ideas. You will
              have to log in to see them.